GLOBUS: Polish Escape (KCP)
9 Day Tour from Warsaw to Warsaw
Discover remarkable culture and history on your guided tour of Poland. Escape for nine days in the affordable and less-crowded off season to explore this country rich in proud tradition. Begin in Warsaw-gateway city between East and West-for remarkable sightseeing, from the 14th-century Cathedral of St. John to remnants of the Jewish ghetto. In the University town of Poznan, see the baroque St. Peter and Paul Cathedral and Old Market Square before dining on regional specialties. Learn about the turbulent history of Silesia and its historical capital, Wroclaw. Admire its fine patrician houses during a guided tour and a visit to the Market Square. Stop in Opole, one of Poland's oldest cities, and continue to Czestochowa. Visit the Jasna Gora Monastery-home to the Black Madonna, venerated as the 'Queen of Poland' and the country's national symbol.As you travel to Krakow, stop at the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps for a guided tour of the notorious and chilling sites of the Holocaust. The following day, join a guided walk through Krakow's historic Jewish center in the Kazimierz Quarter to enjoy its cafes, antique shops, and art galleries. Explore the Remuh Synagogue and 14th-century St. Mary's Church before returning to Warsaw to conclude your off-season travel to Poland with a farewell dinner.
Call 1 (888) 828-8747 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15247090
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Warsaw||Welcome to Warsaw! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Warsaw||Your Local Guide will tell you about the tormented, often tragic history of this important gateway city between East and West. See the medieval Stare Miasto (Old Quarter) with its market square and 14th-century Cathedral of St. John, the 'wedding cake' Palace of Culture and Science, neoclassical Lazienki Palace, and the remnants of the Jewish ghetto. (B)|
|Day 3||Poznan||Today drive to the university city of Poznan, where guided sightseeing features the major sites of this historic city, like the Old Market Square, the Town Hall, and the baroque ST. PETER AND PAUL CATHEDRAL. This evening, [LF] dinner with regional specialties awaits at a local restaurant.Today's Distance: 236 mi / 380 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Wroclaw||Travel south and arrive in the historical capital of Silesia, Wroclaw. Through the ages, this impressive city belonged to Bohemia, Austria, Prussia, Germany, and (after 1945) to Poland. Hear about its turbulent history during your guided tour, and admire its highlights, such as the cathedral and the MARKET SQUARE with its fine patrician houses.Today's Distance: 130 mi / 210 km (B)|
|Day 5||Czestochowa||Stop in the Old Town of Opole, one of the oldest cities in Poland. Then, continue to Czestochowa and prepare for a fascinating visit Then, continue to Czestochowa and prepare for a fascinating visit of JASNA GORA, the monastery near Czestochowa. Admire its BLACK MADONNA, which is venerated as the 'Queen of Poland' and has become the country's national symbol.Today's Distance: 137 mi / 220 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Krakow||On the way to Krakow, visit Auschwitz and Birkenau, and see what is left of the notorious World War II CONCENTRATION CAMPS, chilling reminders of the Holocaust.Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km (B)|
|Day 7||Krakow||In the morning, an optional excursion to the Wieliczka salt mines is available. Later, follow your Local Guide for a walk through Krakow's historic Jewish center, the KAZIMIERZ QUARTER, with its cosy art cafes, antique shops, and galleries. Also visit the REMUH SYNAGOGUE and 14th-century ST. MARY'S CHURCH with its uneven towers. (B)|
|Day 8||Warsaw||Return to Warsaw, where a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel to celebrate your visit to Poland.Today's Distance: 205 mi / 330 km (B,D)|
|Day 9||Warsaw||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips tinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.