GLOBUS 2022: Essential Europe (HF)
9 days from Rome to Paris
Basilicas, boutiques, and bistros. Cathedrals, canals, and cafes. Peaks, pasta, and pastries. This tour of Essential Europe goes beyond the 'must-sees' to include the 'must-dos,' the 'must-discovers,' and the 'must-devours.' As you travel and taste your way through Italy, Switzerland, and France, you'll delightfully take a big bite out of your bucket list. The rolling Tuscan hills, the soaring Swiss Alps, plus mind-boggling mounds of Italian gelato, Swiss chocolate, and French eclairs are all awaiting from Rome to Paris on this delectable tour of Europe's most popular destinations. Cruising through Europe's breathtaking scenery, captivating architecture and greatest chapters of history has never been easier as you motor by private water taxi through the Grand Canal of Venice, ride an elevator to the courtyard of a medieval Swiss castle, and board a high-speed train for a scenic journey through the French countryside from Basel to Paris.
Call 1 (888) 828-8747 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15832616
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||ROME Guided sightseeing includes the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Square and Basilica, and the Colosseum. Free afternoon. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||FLORENCE Guided sightseeing includes Michelangelo's masterpiece, David, at the Academy of Fine Arts. See Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze Gates of Paradise, and Signoria Square. Free afternoon. (B) 211 mi / 340 km|
|Day 4||Florence-Venice||VENICE Private boat ride. Orientation includes St. Mark's Square, the Bridge of Sighs and a glassblower demonstration. Free time to browse before [LF] dinner at a local restaurant followed by a private water-taxi ride through the Grand Canal. (B,D) 174 mi / 280 km|
|Day 5||VENICE-BELLINZONA, SWITZERLAND-LUCERNE||BELLINZONA [LF] Elevator ride to the Courtyard of Castelgrande and light lunch with local specialties and Merlot wine for which the Ticino area is famous. Scenic drive through the Swiss Alps and St. Gotthard en route to Lucerne. (B,L) 342 mi / 550 km|
|Day 6||Lucerne||LUCERNE Walking tour includes the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 7||LUCERNE-BASEL-PARIS||BASEL High-speed TGV train ride to Paris. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B) 404 mi / 650 km|
|Day 8||Paris||PARIS Free time this morning. Guided sightseeing this afternoon includes orientation drive and Seine River cruise. Farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Paris with an excursion to Versailles. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 9||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).